Why take sailing lessons?
Anyone can buy a boat and get right on the water, but many people don't realize just how much there is to learn to have fun and stay safe. Private sailing lessons are a great way to learn the ins and outs of your particular boat and it's systems.
You'll also learn basic navigation, the marine rules of the road, how to deal with weather, docking and handling under sail and power both. The more you know, the more enjoyment you'll get out of sailing, and the peace of mind that comes with confidence in yourself.
Sailing lessons with All Season Instruction are a great way to learn how to sail your boat and the local waters. Thunder Bay sailors enjoy fantastic sailing on Lake Superior with many wonderful islands to explore, fantastic ports to visit and amazing big water sailing. From the comfort of your own boat, you can take lessons whenever it's convenient for you.
- On your own boat, when it fits your schedule
- Private, one on one, families, or with a small group of up to four adults at a time, depending on the size of the boat
- Refreshers, introduction to sailing lessons or full Sail Canada/CYA courses are available
- Basic Cruising or Intermediate Cruising certification Lessons are offered by the day or half day
VHF MARINE RADIO OPERATORS CERTIFICATE
- Marine Radios are an inexpensive, essential safety device for all boaters. To operate marine radios, you need the Restricted Operator Certificate (Maritime), (ROC(M)).
- Includes Digital Selective Calling (DSC) and the Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS).
Sailing Lessons: $330 a full day, and $198 a half day
Discounts may be available during off season times (before May long weekend or after Oct 1st) or with advance booking. 50% deposit due on booking.
VHF: Full day or 2 evening course.
Total fee is $115 + $45 for manual and $25 licensing fee, per person. Discounts for 3 or more students.
Prices do not include GST